05/29/2021: Homebuyer Dream Program Available Now
Are you a first-time home buyer?
Right now there’s an amazing federal grant program for first-time home buyers that you may qualify for and can get right here through Seneca Savings.
Qualify for up to $10,000 toward the closing costs and down payment of your home with the
Homebuyer Dream Program
- Must be a first-time homebuyer who has not owned a home in the last three years and is purchasing in New York State
- Meet the income and credit requirements for the program
- Provide at least $1,000 toward your home purchase from a verifiable source
- Remain in the home for five years or repay a portion of the grant funds back to FHLBNY
- Complete an acceptable home buyer counseling program
These requirements are subject to change and additional criteria may apply.
This program is offered on a first come, first serve basis. There is no guarantee that funds will be available when your Reservation Request is submitted. The grant is a Federal Home Loan Bank of NY program.
To learn more about the Homebuyer Dream Program, and the $10,000 grant ($9,500 towards closing costs / $500 towards hombuyer’s counseling program) visit the Homebuyer Dream Program website.
“I love being able to build a bridge from here… to there. The Thank You notes I receive from first time home buyers line my walls and it’s a thrill and a privilege to help you get started today on your journey to getting your first home!” – Eric Morgan, Seneca Savings