09/12/2014: Home Depot Breach
Seneca is actively monitoring the recent data breach at Home Depot.
- This breach affected all Home Depot stores and your liability is “zero.”
- Seneca Savings has multiple layers of security in place to protect any personal information the bank holds.
- Seneca Savings is actively monitoring the activity on customer accounts and if your card is affected will reisisue your card to protect against fraud.
- All Visa and Mastercard credit and debit cards have zero liability, which means that you are not responsible in the event someone makes unauthorized purchases with your card.
- As a recommended safety practice you should frequently monitor accounts for fraudulent activity
- If you would like to monitor your account, Seneca Savings offers Online Banking and Telephone Banking. Please click above on our Personal Banking section. Here you will find links to these services to enroll, or call 1-855-638-0233 to access your account. If you notice anything suspicious on your account, please notify us as soon as possible.
- We also recommend periodically obtaining credit reports from each nationwide credit reporting agency. If any information on the credit report appears fraudulent, request that the credit reporting agency delete that information from the credit report file. Under federal law, consumers are entitled to one free copy of their credit report every 12 months from each of the three nationwide credit reporting agencies. Obtain a free copy by going to www.AnnualCreditReport.com or by calling 1-877-322-8228.